Monday, August 20, 2007

Our new home

I guess it is about time to post another blog. I know John has been waiting :). We have finally settled in to our new home in Taejon, South Korea. We have been here for almost 3 weeks now but it has felt like we have been here for much longer.

We endured the first couple weeks with no air conditioning. I think God was helping us to appreciate those littel blessings in life created by technology. Many people told us about August in Korea and that it would be hot and very humid. I don't think I really believed them. Some days were extremely sitcky and felt worse than any NC August day. They say the weather drastically changes on Sept 15th. I hope that is true.
Life before air conditioning

"Our Blessing"

School has gone well. We absolutely love the 'family' we have here at TCIS. The administration is unbelieveable. It is so wonderful to work in a place was God is the center of all we do and winning souls for the kingdom is far more important than test scores. Of course we are here to educate children and that is our goal as well but the focus is so much different.
We are enjoying life in Korea so far. The transition has been pretty easy so far. We have manage to handle the hard beds, bright lights all the time, crazy driving and boldness to cross busy streets, eating lots of yummy food once we can read the menu, and living on the 7th floor of a building.
Tune in for more fun Korean facts in my next posting that will be titled "What's missing?"

1 comment:

007 said...

Glad to see you have posted from your new home. Glad you are adjusting nicely. Good to enjoy Skype with y'all too. We will keep you missionaries in our prayers.