Last Friday I had the opportunity to speak to university students at Paichai University. I was very honored to be asked to speak at their International Teachers Conference. I was the only American in a group of about 150. I spoke in a concert hall with a huge screen behind me with my powerpoint. My presentation was translated into Korean. I spoke on Learning Disabilities and ADHD.
The participants were art therapy, music therapy, and counseling students. I was nervous speaking but I think they were more nervous about speaking to an American. Many of them were too shy to speak to me but would relay information to my friend to give to me. I got to hear a Japanese professor speak as well. She spoke in Japanese and it was translated into Korean so I still don't know what she said :).
My presentation seemed to go over well and I even was surprised I got paid 300,000 won, at little more than $300. It was a great experience and hopefully I was helpful. I at least made some good connections.

Entrance to Paichai University- It is a Christian university of about 10,000 students.

Ms. JinAh and her friend Sunny- JinAh invited me to speak. She works with one of my students and Sunny is her friend who drove us there.

Building on campus that was built to look like a grand piano. I though this was pretty cool.






No comments:
Post a Comment