One night this week we had our last serving of green bean casserole, aka green bean crunch to Zachary. My mom sent me 8 cans of green beans at Christmas along with some french fried onions. They lasted until April 1st which I am pretty proud of since I only used them for very special occasions. Usually Matt and Amy got to join in for our green bean casserole dinners. I never expected that Korea would not have green beans. We have truly missed our delicious DelMonte vegetables. Our pastor's wife is attempting to grow greens beans on her balcony. We'll see if it works and maybe join in on the fun next year. Of course I will be bringing a suitcase full of green beans back with us next year.
While we were enjoy our delicious treat on Tuesday, Zachary decided that his green bean crunch was so delicious that it deserved to be eaten with two forks. He did a pretty good job eating this way. Maybe he will be ambidextrous :).
So this is our farewell for green beans for the next two months. I have told Zachary that he can have green bean crunch everyday this summer if he wants. Between Chick-fil-a and green beans, this summer will be awesome!
Ode to Green Beans
green beans, greens beans
so yummy to me
green beans, green beans
full of vitamin C
we enjoyed your taste for this short while
the thought of you makes us smile
our bones may grow weak
without your calcium
as our stomachs grows hungry
from no casserole-yum
green beans, green beans
we'll see you again
green beans, green beans
our dear vegetable friend



I LOVE GREEN BEAN CRUNCH!
1 comment:
Wow! She's a poet too. Who would have ever thought no green beans in Korea.
Post a Comment