Our second Halloween in Korea but Shelby Grace's first. This year I actually came prepared for Halloween, well almost. Halloween is not really celebrated in Korea so you can't buy costumes here so you have to buy in advance. I found Zachary's costume this summer, in the clearance section of Party City of course, so he was ready to go. However, I didn't think about a costume for little miss who was inutero at the time. Luckily, through the clothes that were given to us, she had a little Halloween outfit and then I decided about three days before Halloween to try and crochet a pumpkin hat which I didn't start on until the day before and finished about 4:30 Friday afternoon. That's me, the procrastinator!
Since Koreans don't celebrate Halloween, we can trick-or-treat in our neighborhoods so staff at the school usually set something up. This year families setup in different classrooms at school. We were celebrating All Hallows Eve and the request was given for your children to be dressed up as saints but Lightening MacQueen had been bought and precious luggage space used for it, so Lightening MacQueen was going trick-or-treat. Honestly, there were very few 'saints' running around as most people were in the same boat. Never the less, we had a really fun evening.
The Pinhos setup shop in the Elementary school workroom. Patrick handed out the goods while I walked around with the kids. The night started at 6:00 and by 6:30 Patrick had to run out to the kagae (little store) and buy some more candy. Whoops! Zachary had so much fun 'zooming' around as Lightening MacQueen. I couldn't slow him down. And once we found Seth buddy, there was not stopping him!
Just some pictures
9 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment