Saturday, July 4, 2009

Holden Beach 2009

Four days after we arrived in North Carolina we turned around and headed to Holden Beach for a week with my parents and aunt Patricia and uncle John. It was nice to start out with a relaxing week at the beach.












The Pinho family feet- Patrick, Zachary, Jennifer, Shelby Grace.












Zachary enjoyed splashing in the water and was really brave by the end of the week. He even went out past the breakers with his life jacket on. I have been learning that God has given me children to help conquer my own fears.


Personally I hate swimming in the ocean. There is too much swimming in there that I can't see that freaks me out a bit. I've had too many jellyfish stings that also traumatized my beach experience. My perfect vacation includes sitting and reading by the ocean with only my feet in the waves. But when you have kids who want to swim and get in the ocean and you are trying to help them conquer their own fears, you can't let your timidness hinder their bravery. I think I swam more in the ocean this year than I have in the past 5 years combined. And what did I learn? It's really not that bad when you don't think about it. Thanks Zachary for helping your Mommy overcome her own fears.
































Our other challenge for the week was keeping Shelby Grace from eating the sand and drinking the water. I am surprised that there was any beach left when went home at the end of the week. Even in her own little pool, Shelby Grace would use the splash balls to soak up the water.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No Problem...No Problem

It was a good week, we enjoyed.