Friday, November 27, 2009

It's beginning to look at like Christmas

We took advantage of our long Thanksgiving weekend (2 1/2 days! Ha! Gotta love living in a country where Thanksgiving doesn't really exist :) ) to decorate for Christmas. I have a love hate relationship with our artificial Christmas tree. I miss the smell of a real tree but I do love how perfect it looks each time we put it up. This year, I brought an evergreen candle back from the states so at times our house actually smells like Christmas.



Shelby Grace has enjoyed exploring the tree for the first time. Last year she was too little. She takes a few ornaments off but does pretty well with it. Zachary did a great job making sure that the ornaments down low were Shelby Grace safe.


I am so glad that we took the space in our luggage to bring Christmas ornaments from home. It was so much fun explaining to Zachary where all the ornaments came from. This was the first year that he could really understand and was interested in that. I have ornaments on my tree that hung on my grandmother's tree when I was little. We ornaments from past students, ones I made as a kid, and many made by so many of our friends back home. Somehow these ornaments bring us a little closer to the ones we love that we have left behind.


Merry Christmas from the Pinhos!

No comments: