Saturday, September 25, 2010

Chuseok Break

In Korea, we celebrate Chuseok which is pretty much a Korean thanksgiving in which they celebrate the harvest moon and their ancestors. We get a week off of school and the town pretty much shuts down for three days.
For break we tried to go outside to a new park each day but we were hindered due to a few days of rain. We did get our apartment cleaned out a bit though with lots of goodies share with the school yard sale.
The days that were sunny though, we thouroughly enjoyed our time outside.






The Loweens took us to a new park. We had fun till it started to rain and the fun had to continue at their house.

We got to hang out with the Price family one night. The kids enjoyed movie time and snuggling on the couch with some popcorn.

I got to go to pottery class and work on some bowls that I had thrown on the potter's wheel. This was only my third time on the wheel btu I am getting somewhat better. At least they looked like bowls. :) Each one is different and has its own flaws but they are fun an unique.

I add some texture to them to help cover up some of the flaws but I think they look pretty good! A soon as I can figure out what color to paint them, they will get a coat of paint or glaze and then fired again for me to bring home.

One funny moment of break was our venture out to a new park the day after the actual Chuseok holiday. A bad choice due to the amount of people at the park but we still had fun. At a park full of Asian faces, we stand out obviously. Zachary was followed by a little boy who did everything that he did. He wasn't bothered by it and thought it was funny. I get a little more bothered and sometimes want to be left alone. Shelby Grace tends to agree with me and freaks out a bit when people hover around her. Check out the video and see what you think. Zachary is getting pretty good at his cartwheels too!

No comments: