Thursday, October 7, 2010

Piano lessons

Zachary seems to have inherited the musical abilities of her parents and most definitely, his father's musical ear. He's been poking around on his little keyboard and learned a few songs that we have taught him. This week, he officially started piano lessons with one of our favorite people at school, Aunty Esther. Last week was supposed to be his first lesson but he inherited his mother's insecurities and fear of trying something for the first time. We kept trying to talk him into it but didn't want to push him so hard that it would become a negative experience. Thanks so to our 7 year old friend Kacy, who is also taking lessons from Aunty Esther, he changed his mind and went from scared to super excited. I don't know what she said to him in their conversation but it worked! He went to watch Kacy have a lesson one day and decided he could do that.
Wednesday morning he barged into the bathroom as I was taking a shower and said, "Mommy! I'm so excited about piano lessons today!" It was all he talked about all day. I hope his excitement keeps up. Right now we don't have a piano in the house just a kid's keyboard but when we move apartments in a month, we will have room to buy one. I am so excited that our house is going to be full of music, even the early learning stages of piano.
Aunty Esther and Zachary, the future concert pianist!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so great he is taking lessons! I want Parker to take piano lessons one day. Glad he is super excited!