Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!

I guess I need to create a post for 2008. Our New Year's Eve was pretty low key has we had just returned from Seoul and Zachary needed to sleep. Patrick and I did stay up until midnight and shared a bottle of sparkling cider while watching a movie and then finding Seoul's celebration on tv. (Ok so Patrick had about a 2 hour nap earlier in the evening but he was awake a midnight) :)

I did enjoy the following day being blessed with watching New Year's Eve in New York on CNN. They even showed a picture of the fireworks in Raleigh, NC! We couldn't believe it! We saw home! Not that we ever watched the fireworks when we were in NC because we were always at church but it was great to see home. We even sqeezed "Blessed be the Tie that Binds" in when the MacLeans called with mom and dad at about 10:00 at night their time for their New Year's Eve. I do like how everything last a little bit longer here because we get to celebrate with everyone back home.

My big adventure for beginning 2008 was driving to Costco today with Zachary by myself! There is a sense of freedom being able to drive where I want to go, not having to ride in a smoky taxi with a scary driver AND with Zachary being safely buckled into a carseat, something that is very few and far between in Korea. I didn't get lost and even successfully completed a left turn u-turn on my own. I realized how much I missed driving though driving here comes with a new set of fears. At one point I did have to remind myself I was in Korea not back home as the whole thing seemed so natural.

Looks like 2008 is going to be a good year!

No comments: