Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I am so thankful that God has blessed me with two beautiful children. Being a wife and a mother are two of my most favorite things. Hubby treated me so well and let me go back to sleep after I fed Shelby Grace and I got to stay in bed until 8:00! (well almost 8- my body just doesn't let me sleep that long anymore!) Patrick also cooked a yummy breakfast. Zachary picked out a beautiful purple orchid plant for me too.

Later on in the day Patrick wanted to go play baseball with people from school and church. I first thought- Wait this is my day, I'm not supposed to do anything today! Of course after thinking about my attitude, I told Patrick he could go and enjoy himself as I am always the one who goes out to do things. In return I got the best gift for Mother's Day. Of course Shelby Grace and Zachary didn't nap well since I was home by myself but because of this I got to snuggle with both of my kids for a good while. Shelby Grace would only sleep on me and Zachary woke up after an hour but was still a little groggy so he climbed in the chair with me and Shelby Grace. I just rocked and snuggled with my kids and cherished each moment. So often we think Mother's Day is a day for moms to have the day off and do nothing but I can't think of a better way to celebrate Mother's Day than with the two special reasons I get to celebrate in the first place.

No comments: