Monday, March 17, 2008

Ephesians 6:1

Finally after many attempts to record Zachary and the many attempts to post this, I think we finally got it right.

I am so thankful for the Early Learning Center, Zachary's school, and his teachers. They have taught him so many wonderful things this year. Most importantly they reinforce our love for God and are assisting us in teaching him the ways of the Lord. He has learned 2 Bible verses so far. It has been a joy to watch him say his verses but also begin to understand what they mean.

Ephesians 6:1 "Children obey your parents in the Lord for it's right." This has become a frequent topic of discussion around our house and he is learning what obey means but that doesn't mean he always does it. It is amazing the things we do not have to be taught as human beings. Zachary is not the only one who has trouble obeying sometimes, we all struggle with it. I am so thankful that in out of our sinful nature, God can bring a new life that is loved and forgiven not matter how many times we disobey. I can't wait for the day when Zachary understands what Jesus did for him on the cross and chooses to ask Jesus into his heart for that new life for himself. I know that will make this momma prouder than anything else he has ever done.

Zachary quoting his verse. And if you didn't realize how important this verse is, he wants to make sure you really understand how to obey. Enjoy :)

3 comments:

NCBeachMom said...

Oh I just love it! Thanks for sharing!!!! Future quizzer huh???

The Hixson Crew said...

Okay, that is adorable. I had to watch it three times!! He is getting so grown!

Wandering Lost said...

ur kids are just so cute!
enjoy life with them.
Help them as much as possible and never let em go.