Wednesday, March 26, 2008

SUBWAY!!!


I don't WHY it is taken me 8 months to learn that there was a Subway restaurant in Daejon. I was under the impression that they had all been removed. We used to have one outside of the school but they took it away a couple years ago. Well last week I found out it still existed just a good bit away and finding Subway became my goal for spring break. I had a Korean friend write down in Korean how to get there so I could show the taxi driver and after our baby doctor appointment, we were on our way. (Bless you Mrs. Jung!)


We found it about 11:45 in the morning and we were the only ones there. They had plenty of phone orders to deliver but no one else came in to eat during lunch time. Back at home, the place would have been packed! So lucky for us we could have a nice quiet lunch at Subway. They had my favorite, Sweet Onion Chicken Teriakyi. It was a little different than from home, a little more teriakyi than sweet but still highly enjoyable!


I made sure to have an extra 6 in for the road, surprised I couldn't inhale the whole 12 in right there. I was more afraid that 'sugar bean #2' wasn't going to let me enjoy the sandwich as I haven't been able to keep much down in the afternoon lately, but he/she was kind to me.
As you can see, Zachary was not quite as excited about this find as I was. He did wake up in time to eat a whole bag of tortilla chips and drink milk from a Subway mug. Korea is so big on recycling that since we ate there, we got our drink in a reusable plastic glass.
I was disappointed to find out that we are too far away for delivery service which is probably a good thing. It cost us about $8 for a taxi there and back which we had cut in half by adding it onto our doctor's visit that was half way. Our meal was about $12, so all in all it was a pretty expensive trip but a most delicious one!
I found out today that our pastor's family goes all the time when they go out there to shop. Guess who I will be shopping with a lot more often?
So far this spring break has been a successful one. :)

No comments: