Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Zachary's 3rd Birthday (well almost)

We have been telling Zachary for so long now that after baby sister came out of mommy's tummy he would turn three. So naturally one of the first questions he asked after Shelby Grace was born was "Am I 3 now?" We told him his birthday was close but not yet. So just to confuse him more, we had his birthday party a week early while Grandma and Papa were still here visiting. How do you tell a three year old that he is still not three yet after all of that? So for now Zachary is three years old even though his birthday is still 5 days away.

We celebrated Zachary's birthday at school on Monday with a 'ball party.' Zachary has grown up a lot over the last three years but one thing that has never changed is his obsession for balls. Of course, this makes a party theme really easy when you have a large grassy field and a good friend in the PE department who lets you use anything out of the equipment closet. I never thought that 9 days out of major surgery that resulted in a newborn baby, would I be throwing a 3-year old birthday party. Of course it would never have made it if it were not for mom being in Korea and doing most of the prep work. The party was a success. The kids had fun and we weren't too exhausted at the end of the party. I now have a happy 3 year old who has great friends and is so proud to be three.
Happy Birthday Zachary! We love you!

Shelby Grace sleeps through the party Zachary's friends- It's party time!

Searching for ball pictures hidden around the room

Playing outside with all kinds of balls

Ready for some relays

Zachary's ball cake

Make a wish!


opening presents
What's a party without balloons?



3 comments:

The Hixson Crew said...

Happy Birthday Buddy! Wish I could have been there to celebrate with you. Can't wait to see you and your new baby sister at Christmas.
-Chase

007 said...

Its hard to believe that Zachary is 3!! Congrats, Happy Birthday and may he have many, many more.

nicole said...

Happy Birthday Zachary!!!
I can't wait to play ball with you - maybe at my birthday in December!
:)Adam