Saturday, May 31, 2008

Chats with Zach- Episode 1

Zachary is doing so many crazy, witty, cute things lately and I am so afraid that I will forget them all. I need to do better at keeping a record of what he says. So this is the first official posting of Chats with Zach.

Story Background
While out shopping today, Zachary stopped to admire the rocks as he often does and brought one along for a taxi ride. At one point, he told mommy he didn't want it anymore so I conviently dropped it out the window at stoplight because I, of course, did not want to hold onto a little rock. Zachary was very sad that his rock was gone and was not very happy that mommy got rid of it even though he didn't want it anymore.

Chat with Zach
Scene- Mommy and Zachary in the kitchen unloading groceries and Zachary finds a box of baindaids on the counter.
Zachary- Mommy, I need a bandaid.
Mommy- Why do you need a bandaid?
Zachary- Because I'm sick.
Mommy- Oh really? Why are you sick?
Zachary- Becuase mommy threw my rock away.
Mommy- Oh I see. So where are you sick?
Zachary- ummmmm (pointing to his left leg slightly below the knee) right here
Mommy- So the bandaid will make you all better?
Zachary- Yes, I need to two. One here and here (pointing to the right knee as well). Then I not be sick.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Setting
Mommy and Zachary are laying in his bed trying to get him to take a nap. Zachary has insisted that mommy lay under the covers too. Zachary obviously doesn't want to sleep because he is constantly moving while mommy is longing for a short snooze.
Chat with Zach
Mommy- Zachary, you need to stop wiggling and rest. It's time to go to sleep. Mommy is going to sleep, baby sister is sleeping, and Zachary needs to sleep.
Zachary- Baby sister is sleeping?
Mommy- Yes
Zachary- (pulling the covers over his head and slinking down beneath them, his head is at parallel with mommy's belly) Good night baby sister, sleep good baby sister (said while rubbing mommy's belly) pops out from under the covers- I say good night to baby sister!

No comments: