Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

Mother's Day started out with the wonderful smell of bacon, blueberry muffins, and hasbrowns. Patrick allowed me to sleep in and then cooked a nice breakfast. No places in Korea to go out for a nice breakfast but breakfast with my boys is just fine with me. The best part of breakfast was getting to eat it on my new dishes! You might not think of dishes as the most exciting Mother's Day gift but I did. Now I can have more than 3 other people over and use a set of matching plates! The school provides dishes for us but now with the purple plates, it almost feels like home.

The rest of Mother's Day was a little different. Zachary has been sick for the past week and daddy has been home all week with him. So Mother's Day actually turned out to be a time when daddy got the day off and went to church and mommy cared for her little boy. It was very hard for mommy not to be the one to stay home with her sick baby but schedules worked out better that way. Zachary and I snuggled, read books, and played together. That's what Mother's Day is all about right, being the mom to the wonderful children God gave you.

Zachary was feeling well enough that we could out to lunch. There are many places that I could have picked for lunch...Outback, TGIFridays, Bennigans....just to name a few American places but I picked Korean! Can you believe it? My choice was going to The Manna House for shabu shabu, my favorite meal in Korea. Shabu Shabu is beef sliced extremely thin and you cook it at your table in a pot of boiling water then dip in sauce and then eat it with a rice and lettuce wrap, YUM! Never in a million years did I think I would pick Korean food over American but I guess life changes. We did get to end our meal with a trip to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream. I guess some things never change :).

No comments: