Saturday was the annual TCIS International Fest, or I-Fest as everyone calls it around here. I-Fest consists of carnival games, a yard sale, international foods and goodies to buy, performances on the main stage, a cooking contest, bouncy castles, prizes and whole lot of fun. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and probably the hottest day we have had so far this spring. It was a big reminder of what is to come this summer. This year is the 50th anniversary for TCIS so this was a special I-Fest. There are many activities planned throughout the year for the anniversary. Jennifer was involved in organizing a a cooking contest for our 50th Anniversary cookbook. Sadly her pumpkin pie didn't win but she did enjoy getting to sample all the entries since she got to help organize. :) Her recipe will end up in the cookbook though.


The soccer was filled with tents housing games, service projects, food, and fun. The gym was filled with a yard sale and the parking lot filled with a dunk tank and of course, more food :). I-fest brings in people from our community as well as parents of our students. There were a lot people that even came down from GSIS-our sister school.
I think the highlight of Zachary's day was the bouncy castle. He had never been in one of these before but he loves to jump so I was pretty sure he would love it. He loved running from end to end and falling down in the process. He got to jump with all of his little kid friends so it was such a scary place for mommy.
Mrs. Laura went in with Sara. Zachary and Seth enjoyed jumping and falling down with them.


Zachary and Seth

Hi Mommy!

Zachary and Nikita

Our church booth provided balloons for the little ones. Our manly boy asked for a flower :).

Zachary played a variety of games in which he earned tickets. What does he choose to buy with his tickets, a ball of course! Come on mom, don't you know by now that balls are my first true love?

We got to watch some tae-qwan-do performances on the main stage. Throughout the day, there was dancing, singing, and a hula hoop contest.

More often than not, you can find our family hanging out with the Price and/or Hawkins family. Zachary just adores Kacy and Sara Price. In fact, he wants to name his little sister Kacy. While at I-Fest, Zachary and Sara had a little flirt fest. They were so sweet to watch as they just looked at each other and giggled. Sara is 1 year younger than Zachary. Do you think there may be something brewing in the future? :)

So sweet!


By the end of the day many of the balloons given out had flown into the sky. Zachary refused to move most of the time until he could no longer see the balloons. Luckily, his balloon never flew away but he got pretty upset a couple times when he watched other balloons float away. Balls may win out but balloons are a pretty close second.
Overall, we all really enjoyed our first I-Fest and can't wait until next year. Of course, I need to rest up in before then.
2 comments:
guess you will need a stoller next year, huh??
Kim
Now that looks like a fun day. Did we use lots of sunscreen? We know how someone burns. Yep, Zachary has eyes for a cutie.
Post a Comment