Zachary's verbal ability is quite high for a two year old. He amazes us what he can repeat, memorize and the phrases he comes up with. Sometimes, I don't even know where he has learned the words. "Actually" is the new large word in his vocabulary. Here are a few things he has been saying lately.
Zachary's class has been learning nursery rhymes for their Mother Goose performance this week. Amazingly, Zachary has learned about 12 nursery rhymes that he can now quote word perfect most of the time. We call him the 'Nursery Rhyme Natzi" becuase he corrects mommy and daddy when we say them wrong. He is now using the nursery rhyme phrases in his everyday conversation. Yesterday, we were over at Amy's apartment and I asked him to tell her something or sing something for her and he said "No not I!" (Quoting from Little Boy Blue)
Whenever he wants your attention and you are not looking at him he says, "Mommy, look at my face." He won't say anything until you have eye contact with him. I guess he listens to us when we talk to him.
A few weeks ago, our friend Ellen was over for dinner and while I was cooking she helped Zachary go to the bathroom. Now every time he goes #2, he yells from the toilet- "Mommy, Daddy, Ms. Ellen! Come wipe my bottom!"
This weekend the community of TCIS is celebrating the upcoming wedding of our dear friends Matt Evans and Amy Blanchard. Saturday night was Matt's barbeque batchelor party and Sunday is Amy's bridal shower. On Saturday, we were all sitting around playing and I was telling Zachary that Amy was coming over for dinner. Here is the conversation.
Mommy- "Zachary, guess what? Amy is coming for dinner tonight, we better get ready."
Zachary- "And Matt too?"
Mommy- "No not today. Daddy is going to go to a party with Matt and Amy is going to come over here."
Zachary- in an astonished tone "Wow! That's amazing!"
Last weekend when Zachary was sick and Mommy stayed home from church with him, we sat and cuddled a lot in our recliner. I was singing a song to him that I had just made up that said "I love my Zachary" over and over again. At one point he stopped me and said "No Mommy, like this, I love my mommy." What a sweet boy! I think I will keep him!
Just some pictures
9 years ago
1 comment:
Zachary is such a precious and intelligent boy. Can't wait to see you guys in person.
Post a Comment