Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Life with Zachary (aka Chats with Zach with pictures)

Life with Zachary is an adventure. He is always on the go these. He is all boy who always has his hands into everything. Zachary speaks pretty fluently these days which adds to all the fun. He has a mind of his own. You never know what he is going to do or what he is going to say. Thought we would share a bit of his silliness from the past week. These even include pictures :).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zachary had too go to the bathroom during dinner the other night. We took his pants off in the kitchen so he could run to the bathroom. However he enjoys kicking off his pants and underwear sometimes. As you can see, he is pointing to where his underwear landed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zachary has had a fascination with necklaces since he was little. He used to wear them all the time, even three or four different ones at a time. We still have some of the necklaces even thought he doesn't wear them as often. The other day he got them out and was wearing them. He gave one to daddy and asked him to put the necklace on his ears just like him. "Why?" we asked. Zachary replied, "So we can be grandma!"

Of course! It's the chain on grandma's glasses- doesn't everyone know that?!

This one was just too funny not to add :).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This last story is not behavior that we condone for safety reasons but just thought it was funny once we figured out what he was doing. During dinner tonight, Zachary wouldn't sit still or eat at all. We eventually let him up from the table with him knowing this was dinner and he wouldn't get anything else to eat. So for awhile, he played 'quietly' in Shelby Grace's room while we ate. He kept coming out to show us some things he found, little yellow tassels. We couldn't figure out where he got them from and then we realized they were from a Chinese lantern Patrick had brought back from Hong Kong for Shelby Grace's room.

We went in the room to stop him from pulling the tassels off. It was then we realized that he had gotten the scissors that mommy had been using to decorate Shelby Grace's room with out of the crib and wasn't pulling the tassels off but cutting them! Why was he cutting the tassels off? Not to play with the tassels but to get the little green 'ball' (aka the bead) that was attached to the yellow tassel. We asked him to show us how to get the green balls off and he showed us exactly what he had done with the scissors. Then proceeded to to proudly count the five green balls he had cut off the lantern.

Lessons learned-
1. Don't leave scissors out where a 3 year old can get them.
2. If Zachary is quiet in a room by himself- that is not always a good thing!

Zachary is a good little monkey but always very curious :).





















~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A couple more silly phrases he has said lately that I just have to add.

1. "I'm cold so I have to go poo poo."
2. When asked to change the DVD chords to the Wii chords on the TV, he gave because he said he couldn't do it even though he has done it many times before. Why? "I can't do it because I don't know my colors now because I'm not tall like Kacy."
3. He told a teacher at school whom he has called his "green friend" since last year because she had on a green shirt one day, "I don't think I can call you my green friend anymore, you are wearing black."
4. While driving home from TGIFridays last night (seriously this was one sentences :) )- "This is the way to grandma's house and we will drive there and we will go to the gas station and get tires because we need gas and then we will drive home and go on an airplane at the airport in our blue car."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is just too good! When I first saw the picture of Zachary with the beads, I said to myself,"He looks like Mary Lou." Then I read on. What a laugh I enjoyed. The room looks great. Too bad Shelby Grace will most likely never see what a nice job you all have done, because you'll change it. :)