South Korea is a very 'Christianized' country. All of the Protestant churches mark their building with a neon red cross on the steeple like this one below. At night, you can see red crosses all over the place. Zachary enjoys finding the crosses when we are driving around at night. We have a church steeple right outside our living room window and it is often the topic of conversation in our house. There are many times when I am rocking a child in the middle of the night that I look out our window and see this bright reminder of my precious Lord and Savior shining into the living room.
Zachary's friend Seth was over today. Yes, it was finally Wednesday. :) (See prior post) Because it was an absolutely gorgeous day, we had the windows open and the kids were playing on the balcony. I overheard Zachary and Seth discussing the cross outside our window and I heard Zachary say to Seth, "You know, the cross that Jesus died on didn't light up." Love it! I can only imagine the picture these kids have in their mind of Jesus dieing on a neon Korean cross as those are the only crosses they are used to seeing.
Just some pictures
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment