If you have spent any time with Zachary lately you know that he has a "slight" addiction to Super Mario Brothers and Star Wars thanks to the Wii. We decided it was movie night in the Pinho household and let Zachary watch Star Wars Episode 1- The Phantom Menace. What we realized while watching the movie is that Zachary has technically watched all of Star Wars just without the talking due to the little LEGO movie clips on the Wii game. He knew what was coming next and what was going to happen! We thoroughly enjoyed the part when he decided to be Qui Gon Jim and fight Darth Mahl along with him. He ran and got his light saber and fought along with the characters.


At one point Zachary made the comment, "I'm Qui Gon Jin and I'm going to have 'X' eyes because I am going to die." (Explanation- The video on the wii game gives the LEGO characters 'X' eyes when they die.) He knew what was going to happen! Of course when Qui Gon did die, he annouced, "I'm not playing anymore. I want to be Anakin now."

We had another good laugh when he watched Obi Won Kanobi come over to Qui Gon when he died to hold him and talk to him. Zachary told us he was Qui Gon's wife and he would take care of him. :)

Zachary enjoyed watching Star Wars. He especially enjoyed when R2-D2 danced and beeped and would often mimic Anakin when he would say things. However, I think his Star Wars movie watching days will be on hold for awhile as the next movies get a little more violent. It was fun to see him interact and get so excited for the movie. Zachary is proud to be a Jedi!
No comments:
Post a Comment